söndag 29 april 2018

The collapse of personal hygiene

Some things are to be expected when haaving a baby. I had accepted not having time for hobbies, changeing dipers and burptimes. I knew I most likely would not be sleeping many nights. So what happened?

On the plus side sleep is suprisingly good. I do have to wake up to feed baby J but he tends to sleep up to 6 hours in a row during the night (sometimes more). During the morning feeding hubbie often helps by doing the diperchange and we alternate who spends morning awake time with him while the other gets to sleep a bit extra. So no I am not the zombie I expected to be. The internet warns me this might change though.

Hygiene on the other hand is disasterous. For example the binky (napp) thing. Absolutly horrid. They say having ones parent suck it before giving it to baby gives baby better colon-bacteria. Now as I had a c-section I really need to try my darndest to get healthy bacteria to baby J. But this just feels wrong. Sort of like sharing a toothbrush. Not to mention the people who feel it is fine to suck on after it has fallen on the floor. Before I had taken every binky that had touched the floor and boiled it before giving it to my baby. Now research tells me that boiling is bad but sucking on the floortouching binky is good. This makes my brain cry.
Baby J just as sceptical as me regarding binky

I knew babies puked after eating. I remember helping out with my little sisters by putting the cloth on my shoulders and tapping their backs. They would burp and/or throw up a little and that was that. It turns out that is not that. Babies throw up constantly. While they are eating, after eating, after sleeping. You never know when as there are no before signs like with say a cat. It has gotten to the point where I wonder if it is worth putting clothes on my baby as they will just become wet instantly. Not to mention the really sad things it makes one think. For example when he throws up in bed and i'm like i'm to tired to do anything about it and one just covers it up with a towel and goes to sleep. Or when one is like do I really need to put these pants in the laundry. They have already been puked on twice but on the other hand they have probably only been town for a total of two hours. And then you realise this means that I actually choose to put on a pair of pants that had been puked on and left to dry,

But overall how is it 8 weeks after having a baby. It is great! You just want to freeze time and keep doing what you are doing.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar